As college tuition prices continue to increase at universities across the country, some learners are looking for more cost-saving, non-traditional routes to college. One way that you can preserve countless numbers (or even thousands) of dollars on expenses is by getting an examination to generate college credit in place of a conventional three-credit course. Many American universities, colleges and schools will actually allow you to test out of certain programs with a DSST examination, allowing you the opportunity to take more classes that can get you ready for your future profession. In fact, here are some reasons why you should consider credit by exam:
- Save Time: DSST examinations can help decrease the number of hours and classes you may need for a degree program. You have the versatility to schedule the credit by exam on your own time and to create a study plan that continues as long as you need it to.
- Save Money: A DSST exam costs only $80! On average, one college credit is worth $250, add up 3 credits and that is $750! DSST examinations are also financed for active duty military members (and their spouses).
- Credit = Credit: Over 1,900 organizations allow credits for DSST examinations. Whether you are seated through a class of 400 learners taking notices or passing a DSST examination, the credits are worth the same!
- Wide Range of Educational Experience: DSST provides a wide list of 38 examinations (and growing!). In comparison, CLEP provides only 33 examinations. There is no limit when it comes to DSST. Choose examinations that fit your system needs and wishes.
- Plenty of Resources: With the help of DSST online exercise examinations, the DSST Official Test Preparation Guides and several third-party sources, you can make sure that you will be advised on your direction to success.