To prepare for the Dante’s Credit by Examination, you must first visit your admission department to discuss the credit awarding policy. Here they will clarify some things you want to know and be able to provide you with their advice. The DSST is an example of a Credit by Examination program allowing students to gain credit by passing the exam.
Through the DSST exam, the schools will be able to award credit to a student when he meets the necessary requirements and the passing rate of the exam. The passing rate is usually determined by the school itself, but it must be established and recommended by the national committee of college faculty. The American Council on Education (ACE) is the institution that approves and provides their recommended passing score. They are also responsible in determining how much credit the student is allowed to receive.
It is advisable to inquire first about your school’s program in DSST to make sure you are prepared and illegible to take the examination. You must also know the passing rate. There are schools that have a higher requirement with their passing rate, not following the ACE’s suggested passing score.
Actual preparation for the DSST exam includes taking practice exams. Through these practice exams, you will be able to assess yourself on how well you are in the subject and how much more you need to study and practice. Practice exams will also help you get used to the exam and makes you quicker in understanding questions.
Make sure you have chosen the best practice test offered by a school or online service. Through these exams, the students will be able to save time and money while accelerating graduation completion, allowing them to take another step closer to the profession you want to achieve.
As college tuition prices continue to increase at universities across the country, some learners are looking for more cost-saving, non-traditional routes to college. One way that you can preserve countless numbers (or even thousands) of dollars on expenses is by getting an examination to generate college credit in place of a conventional three-credit course. Many American universities, colleges and schools will actually allow you to test out of certain programs with a DSST examination, allowing you the opportunity to take more classes that can get you ready for your future profession. In fact, here are some reasons why you should consider credit by exam:
- Save Time: DSST examinations can help decrease the number of hours and classes you may need for a degree program. You have the versatility to schedule the credit by exam on your own time and to create a study plan that continues as long as you need it to.
- Save Money: A DSST exam costs only $80! On average, one college credit is worth $250, add up 3 credits and that is $750! DSST examinations are also financed for active duty military members (and their spouses).
- Credit = Credit: Over 1,900 organizations allow credits for DSST examinations. Whether you are seated through a class of 400 learners taking notices or passing a DSST examination, the credits are worth the same!
- Wide Range of Educational Experience: DSST provides a wide list of 38 examinations (and growing!). In comparison, CLEP provides only 33 examinations. There is no limit when it comes to DSST. Choose examinations that fit your system needs and wishes.
- Plenty of Resources: With the help of DSST online exercise examinations, the DSST Official Test Preparation Guides and several third-party sources, you can make sure that you will be advised on your direction to success.
A way of prior learning evaluation, DANTES offer learners an affordable, time preserving way to use their information obtained outside of the class room (perhaps from studying, on-the-job training, or separate study) to achieve their academic objectives. If you are like me, you look for methods to reduce costs while attending higher education. Although most of us know to shop for used books and test out of programs with CLEP examinations, those of us with no army qualifications may have little, if any, information of DANTES exam or otherwise known as DSST examinations. Until lately, DANTES exam (now known as DSST exam) was only for army employees. Fortunate for us citizens, now we get to take advantage of these examinations too! Why is this a good thing? More options, of course!
Here’s a list of DANTES Exam subjects:
- Fundamentals of College Algebra
- Principles of Statistics
- Art of the Western World
- Western Europe Since 1945
- Introduction to the Modern Middle East
- Human/Cultural Geography
- Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union
- A History of the Vietnam War
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
- Foundations of Education
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- General Anthropology
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Supervision
- Business Law II
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Business
- Money and Banking
- Personal Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Business Mathematics
- Here’s to Your Health
- Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet
- Principles of Physical Science I
- Physical Geology
- Technical Writing
- Ethics in America
- Introduction to World Religions
- Principles of Public Speaking