Dante’s, CLEP and Excelsior examinations are Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). Funded for active duty, National Guard members, and Reserves which means they are basically 100 % free. The DANTES exam is a nationally-recognized credit-by-examination program that most institutions accept for credit towards a degree plan. One tremendous benefit is to military personnel who may be separated from military bases such as interviewers who can still take these examinations for free at private testing facilities. Any military college student with an accepted degree plan should be able to use these examinations towards their degree plan supposing the topic suits into their accepted degree plan. There are 38 Dantes examinations and these can be taken at a base education center or at an approved off base computer examining center.
- Step 1. Find and Schedule – Once a testing center is determined, confirm examining techniques and scheduling for military learners. Dantes examinations are developed to test proficiency in various college-level course materials.
- Step 2. Obtain Factsheet – There a few strategies to successfully pass a Dante’s that utilize the actual test development to ensure a passing grade. The examinations are developed on an outline from topic experts and the questions are reviewed for stability centered on a subject’s information of that particular topic.
- Step 3. Get Books – The next phase in using the simple reality piece is to study the area known as Sources for Study Content because these are the guides used to design the test questions. Generally, an evaluation details several guides for an exam, however there is usually a seminal written text.
- Step 4. Make Flashcards – Purchase a set of note cards. Using the evaluation Fact Sheet, each term detailed on the fact sheet piece outline should be made into a flashcard. Using the evaluation Concepts of Counseling as an example, this would lead to at the least, 34 flashcards. The next phase is to put the sample questions from the fact sheet on the flashcards and this would be additional 10 questions for a total of 45 flashcards.
- Step 5. Use Your Resources – Some examinations are normally easier than others because learners have current information of the test subject information. A good example would be the Army MOS 31B or military police.